What a year it has been. Every road points to prayer. People do not do it enough. Pray Pray Pray. So I plan to go before God with my hat in my hand, humble myself and pray…on Christmas Day! What’s your plan? By the way, Merry Christmas From Cafe Sozo!
2 Chronicles 7: 14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Father we magnify You today. What a great and glorious day! Thank You for awakening me to Your goodness. Thank You for alerting me to Your love. Thank You for sending Your beloved Son to take away all sin and sickness from our lives. Thank You for Your leading, Your soft whispers, the wind, the beautiful world that surrounds us. Thank You for going before us. Thank You for coming behind us to protect and shield us. Thank You for allowing us to be with You …in relationship. Thank You for calling us friend, Son, Daughter. Thank You for our Dear Lord Jesus. Thank You for the Holy Spirit. Thank You for allowing us to serve You, to reflect Your qualities in our lives. Thank You for forgiveness, mercy, boldness, revelation and wisdom. Thank You for the gifts. Thank You…we trust You…In Jesus Name. Amen.
Last night I learned a big big lesson. Some things which had been overlooked came to a head. When the dust settled; I was angry. I wasn’t angry at God…or any person. I was angry at myself and the devil. Because I had glossed over things and not dealing truly with the problems, in fact, they had not gone away.
I was too disgusted to pray! I had never been that way. If only I could praise I would feel better, but the truth is…I did not think of that!
I decided to write out a Prayer Of Petition. You see, a while ago I had ordered Jerry Savelle‘s Book The Prayer Of Petition and I had even read it, but it “looked” like too much work.
It was time for me to put this matter on the altar and write out a brief and present it to God. I decided to do this BEFORE I prayed! I had a lot on my heart. It took two and a half hours! Oh my goodness! But, when I finished…I had a solid foundation and a renewed confidence that God would solve everything! I was no longer angry.
My final petition printed out was 9 pages long! In the end…there was a lot of Thanksgiving! When I prayed…God assured me that Everything Was Going To Be Allright! That was the prophecy that our Bishop Keith A. Butler and the Prophet of God, Kenneth Copeland…both whom I adore greatly and I have not said that enough!
- Do You Need To Make Proactive Prayer Your New Habit? by Elaine Davenport July 27, 2011 (ephesians.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Proofed! by Elaine Davenport December 7, 2011 (faithcenter.wordpress.com)
- How Bad Do You Want It? by Elaine Davenport December 9, 2011 (prayerwarriors.wordpress.com)
- Unbelievers All Around! by E. Davenport December 11, 2011 (faithcenter.wordpress.com)
- Merry Christmas From Cafe Sozo December 12, 2011 (faithcenter.wordpress.com)
- Salvation Power!!!! by E. Davenport December 14, 2011 (faithcenter.wordpress.com)
- When God Says: “Go!” By E. Davenport December 16, 2011 (ephesians.wordpress.com)
- FIND YOUR PURPOSE AND BE THANKFUL! by E. Davenport December 10, 2011 (greatthanks.wordpress.com)
- Lord, When Did You Heal My Shoulder? by Elaine Davenport August, 2011 (peacefulone.wordpress.com)
- My Blood Covenant! by E. Davenport December 11, 2011 (thebloodofjesus.wordpress.com)
- Rekindling! by Elaine Davenport April, 2011 (healmenow.wordpress.com)
Most people who need prayer don’t know where to begin. God desires a personal relationship with you. So find a quiet place for starters…where you can be alone. We enter into His courts with praise and into His (God’s) gates with thanksgiving. That ushers in the presence of God.
1. Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. Philippians 4: 6
2.Seek the LORD while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near. Isaiah 55: 6(NKJV)
3. Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8(NKJV)
4. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man. Luke 21: 36(NKJV)
5. Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints (God’s consecrated people).
Ephesians 6: 18
6. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! May they prosper who love you [the Holy City]!